Skip to main content
Emily M.
Entrepreneur
Asked a question 4 months ago

Hi all! I registered my limited company with Companies House last year and my year end accounts are due in a couple of months. My startup hasn't had any financial transactions yet, so there is nothing to report. How do I prepare accounts when I have nothing to report? If you've been in this situation before, how did you go about preparing your accounts? My company isn't dormant though. I just don't have any transactions for that accounting period.

Where am I?

In Koody Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

This answer won 1,000 Koody Coins

Hi Emily,

You would prepare your accounts with a statement instead of the P/L stating that you had no transactions in the period.

You would still need to show a balance sheet which will probably show (assuming you incorporated with £1) 

Assets

Debtors - £1 

Equity

share capital - £1 

I assume your business is a micro-entity (based on no transactions and presumably no employees) 

This would mean your accounts should be prepared under the correct standard - I would check out this page (think they may have example accounts somewhere)

https://www.gov.uk/annual-accounts/microentities-small-and-dormant-companies37

Hope this helps & good luck with the start-up - feel free to check in here on any other accounting questions

Luke 

Related Questions

No related questions.