Skip to main content
Asked a question 5 months ago

I took out a stakeholder pension recently, when I was unemployed. I've about to start a new job and my new employer is enrolling me into their defined benefit occupational pension scheme. Can I apply to transfer my pension into my new employer's scheme? Is there a minimum investment period in stakeholder pensions ie do I need to leave my investment there for a certain amount of time before I can transfer it out of my stakeholder pension?

Where am I?

In Koody Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi @M Cha36, yes you can! Just reach out to your employer's pension provider and inform them of the transfer. You need to ask them if you should apply through them or your current provider. They'll give you all the information you need. Stakeholder pensions are normally free to transfer, but double check with your provider first! There's also no minimum investment period for stakeholder pensions. You can transfer at any time. This doc from Pension Wise has all the info you need - https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en/transfer-pension66