Skip to main content
Alex Moore
Economist | Dreamer
Asked a question 2 months ago

What's your recommendation for an economics graduate who wants to build a tech startup? Context - I have a full time job and I am playing with the idea of learning software development.

Where am I?

In Koody Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Hi Alex, learning how to code is always a good decision. So, kudos for that! Depending on the kind of startup you are looking to build, software development could come in handy, especially in building and testing your minimum viable product or MVP. If you are not in any particular hurry, I'd recommend dedicating the next couple of years to learning software development and validating your ideas. Talk to people about what you are building, try to see if there's demand and if there is, you can start making an actual product. Also, try to find collaborators or prospective co-founders. The earlier you start, the better. Whatever you do, don't quit your day job until you have a solid plan to raise or make money from your startup.